SOLVED

Advice Please - Shared Mailboxes...

Brass Contributor

I'm looking to use my first foray into Power Automate for a colleague. They want to create a form where the response goes into a shared mailbox for the Team to pick up. They want the response to contain the individual detail of the response as the form they are building will be 'complex' and with substantial amount of branching.

My creative juices have found a template which sends a mail from a Shared Mailbox once a response is received. I cannot find one which dumps the entire response INTO a shared mailbox. Is this possible please?

My use of forms is limited. They really like the product but I'm reticent to get them to create complex forms with lots of branching if I cannot dump the results into their mailbox. My only other experiment with forms just notified me via mail that there was a response, rather than send me the entire response.

Many thanks in advance for any advice :)

2 Replies
best response confirmed by ricl (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@ricl although templates can be useful to get you going, in the long term you will learn more by building flows from blank. Here's a very simple example which takes each Forms response and sends it to a shared mailbox. You need to copy/paste the question text into the email body yourself then select the appropriate question from the dynamic content box that appears at the bottom right of the screen.

simple flow example2.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

Wow. Rob, thank you ever so much! I'll have a go at this ASAP. Many, many thanks :)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ricl (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@ricl although templates can be useful to get you going, in the long term you will learn more by building flows from blank. Here's a very simple example which takes each Forms response and sends it to a shared mailbox. You need to copy/paste the question text into the email body yourself then select the appropriate question from the dynamic content box that appears at the bottom right of the screen.

simple flow example2.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

View solution in original post