Power Automate and Bookings - update an appointment duplication

Copper Contributor

Hi there

I am fairly new to PowerAutomate, but have a couple up to work with MS Bookings; one to add a row when an [group] appointment is created, and one to add a row when an [group] appointment is updated (in Excel).

However, the "update an appointment" adds all the people in to the list again who are in already in the appointment, not just adding the extra person on the end who has added themselves to the group booking.  For example, how do I stop the [DUPLICATE] entries in the example below:

TimeNameFor example:
13/10/23 - 10:10Joe BloggsCreated the appointment - first person to book [NEW]
16/10/23 - 11:00Jenny BloggsCreated the appointment - first person to book [NEW]
13/10/23 - 10:10Joe BloggsCreated the appointment - first person to book [DUPLICATE]
13/10/23 - 10:10Joseph BloggsUpdated the appointment - second person to book [NEW]
13/10/23 - 10:10Joe BloggsCreated the appointment - first person to book [DUPLICATE]
13/10/23 - 10:10Joseph BloggsUpdated the appointment - second person to book [DUPLICATE]
13/10/23 - 10:10Josephine Bloggs

Updated the appointment - third person to book [NEW]

16/10/23 - 11:00Jenny BloggsCreated the appointment - first person to book [DUPLICATE]
16/10/23 - 11:00Joanna BloggsUpdated the appointment - second person to book [NEW]

I have these Flows (similar for when an Appointment is Created):

jupjam9_0-1697206514526.png

If I take the "Apply to each" out, it creates errors.  I just want the [NEW] entries in my example, and not the [DUPLICATE]s added again!  Many thanks in advance.

1 Reply
@jupjam9: This is not possible today as a direct approach as the entire payload is sent as a part of bookings notification to power automate. But if you are updating this to excel, you can use a unique field like phone number or email of the customer to check if the entry was added already.

As of now, there is no delta support for the connector notification.