Bookings Calendar and Reply Address

Copper Contributor

I have begun to evaluate Bookings and it looks really promising.  However, I have a question: when a customer receives a confirmation email, they can click on the "Manage my booking" square.  Fine.

However, if they hit 'Reply' and try to mail back to the (calendar's) email address from which the confirmation mail originated (maybe not correct, but completely understandable user behaviour) they get a message to say that their email has bounced.  Not a good user experience.

Within the Bookings configuration/settings, there is an option to "Send customer replies to" [insert email address here] but replies don't make it back to that address.

Am I doing something wrong?  Any suggestions from the community please?

41 Replies

I'm also very much interested in an answer to @danlif20 's question. My observation is, that the generated email address is being pulled from the company name you provide when creating the Booking calendar. Also the sender name seems to be this value, and it doesn't matter if you change the company name in the "Business Information" page.

For us, it would be really helpful, if we could define the sender address to something our customers are familiar with (e.g. info@....)

What I still don't understand: emailaddresses are created with forwarding to creator and there is no way for an Exchange or Global admin to see these emailaddresses? They are created in the GAL as well!!! OMG...