SOLVED

Prevent users sharing documents within a subsite?

Brass Contributor

Hi,

I have created a sub site and I have invited/given access to some organisational members (synced from on premise AD to Azure AD) and some external users to the site.

I want to ensure that no staff members share any of these documents with any other external users and I want to retain control of this.

Can I create a configuration which still allows external sharing, (I need to share some folders with external users), but doesn't allow organisational members or the invited external users from sharing with others that I wont know about? i.e. Only site owners can share with "Specific people"? see attachment..

How can I have this set up?

Thank you for your time,

Ollie

3 Replies

Go to SharePoint admin center -> Sharing -> Who can share outside your organization

SPShare.JPG

best response confirmed by Oliver McErlane (Brass Contributor)
Solution

And for a specific site collection, select the site collection and clic sharing on the Ribbon -> Turn off sharing for non-owners (this applies to all sharing, not only external)

SPShare2.JPG

Thanks Guys. This was very useful.

Ollie

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Oliver McErlane (Brass Contributor)
Solution

And for a specific site collection, select the site collection and clic sharing on the Ribbon -> Turn off sharing for non-owners (this applies to all sharing, not only external)

SPShare2.JPG

View solution in original post