SOLVED

Office Portal - Login displayed in spanish

Copper Contributor

Hello all,

I'm the Admin of my company's Office Portal.

I recently assign an Office 365 license to a user who's in the US but when he tries to log into the account the login website is displayed in spanish and is not able to configure the additional information needed (two way auth, etc). 

Is there a way to set the language for this login website to all the users? Is not browser or location based because he's on the US and is using Safari (Mac owner) in english as well. 

Any help will be appreciated, this guy is a high rank user.

Regards.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

If your users are homed in Office 365 and not directory synced, it looks like you can change their preferred language using the MSOL or Azure AD powershell commands. 

Example using MSOL
set-MsolUser -UserPrincipalName userID@company.com -PreferredLanguage en-us

Example using Azure AD 

Get their object ID and copy
 Get-AzureADUser -SearchString userID@company.com | fl *object*

Then make the setting change
set-AzureADUser -ObjectId "paste your objectID here" -PreferredLanguage en-us

The setting took just a few minutes to change the UI to the language when I changed it. I closed and reopened my browser when I checked for the settings change.

I unfortunately can't say for sure whether this changes the login though, because my company has a stock login page that is in English. I suspect it should, but can't confirm.

If they are directory synced maybe you can make this change in local AD, perhaps someone else has come across how to deal with that.

Hope this helps!

@Brian Reese wrote:

If your users are homed in Office 365 and not directory synced, it looks like you can change their preferred language using the MSOL or Azure AD powershell commands. 

Example using MSOL

Example using Azure AD 

The setting took just a few minutes to change the UI to the language when I changed it. I closed and reopened my browser when I checked for the settings change.

I unfortunately can't say for sure whether this changes the login though, because my company has a stock login page that is in English. I suspect it should, but can't confirm.

If they are directory synced maybe you can make this change in local AD, perhaps someone else has come across how to deal with that.

Hope this helps!

I'll definitely give this a try.

Thanks Brian! 

I'll post an update later.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Example using MSOL

Example using Azure AD 

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post