Office 365, Microsoft Office 2016 working on Lumia 950

Iron Contributor

I've had a Business Essentials account for a while now but never been able edit/save any Office documents hosted on my OneDrive for Business/SharePoint site on my Lumia 950 mobile because i didnt have an Office subscription.

I added Office to my subscription this week, have registered my new tablet and can use Office 2016 there with no issues. Also downloaded Office 2016 to my laptop fine but my Lumia 950 still tells me I need to purchase Office to be able to edit any files. If I select thecdrop down in Excel mobile for example it just gives me the opportunity to purchase a monthly or annual plan. There's no option anywhere on the phone that allows me to log in or link the Office apps to my license.

Sadly, cant go to my admin as I'm a one man band/single user so I am the admin.

Anyone come across this issue on Windows 10 Mobile & know how to resolve please?

2 Replies
How did you add Office to your Business Essentials license?

Have you downloaded Office from the app store and entered your Office 365 account?

Sorry if these sound basic - I'm just after some more details on what you've tried.

My Office Essentials is provided by a 3rd party supplier. However, I've cracked the problem in the last hour (so your response was timely). I have signed out of the account from within Excel Mobile. This removed the account. Then re opened Excel Mobile, added the account back in again and now I can edit files whereas before was getting the warning to buy Office to be able to edit them. For some reason, adding the Office package whiilst signed in obviously doesnt refresh!