Office 365 Email id compromised; Microsoft cannot resolve the issue even after 72 hours.

Copper Contributor

Hi, I am an Office 365 Admin working for a group company in Qatar. Unfortunately, one of my email passwords was compromised, resulting in an automated email being sent using my email address. Within just one hour, 10,000 emails were sent, and the issue persists. Despite creating a support ticket with Microsoft, the matter was not taken seriously. The subject of the email is "Your Account On Hold," and the body of the message states:

"We noticed some changes in your account settings. For your protection, we have placed a lock on your account. You are required to use the link below to secure and restore your account for security measures. Please click HERE.

Thank you for helping us keep your account secure.

Sincerely,
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
Orlando Operations Center
P.O. Box 628291
Orlando, FL 32862-9925"

The support team conducted troubleshooting but found no clues to stop the messages or recover the sent items. Additionally, the support provided was disappointing.

I am seeking help from someone who has encountered a similar issue or knows how to escalate the matter with the Microsoft team. I feel completely clueless. Please assist."

1 Reply