SOLVED

How do I monitor Azure AD Connect runs for adds/deletes?

Iron Contributor

I'd like to be alerted of adds/deletes from Azure AD Connect. Is this possible? The Synchronization Service Manager doesn't seem to have an option to email job run summaries.

I see there is a "Log file" field in the connector profile steps but the default steps don't seem to be editable.

I'd like to catch my mistake of deleting a user from O365 because I moved them to an OU that's not being tracked before my boss does because he tried to send that person an email and O365 says, "No can do."

4 Replies

Azure AD Health can offer you some insights to that: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/connect-health/active-directory-aadconnect-h...

Though it doesnt offer email notifications for the task at hand, and it requires Prem licenses. So you might as well just keep an eye on the MIIS Client instead :)

best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Hi Chris,

You can go to Security & Compliance and do the following:

• Go to Alerts
  • Create a New alert policy
  • Select Custom 
  • On the activities under "User Administration activities" select Added user and Deleted User or other that you need
  • On the users leave the field blank
  • Chose the user where to receive email

For example after you create a user you will receive a email message like in the image bellow.Untitled222.png

Nuno saves the day, I tottally forgot about the SCC alerts!

Fantastic. This section is something I haven't explored much. Looks like I have some poking around to do.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Hi Chris,

You can go to Security & Compliance and do the following:

• Go to Alerts
  • Create a New alert policy
  • Select Custom 
  • On the activities under "User Administration activities" select Added user and Deleted User or other that you need
  • On the users leave the field blank
  • Chose the user where to receive email

For example after you create a user you will receive a email message like in the image bellow.Untitled222.png

View solution in original post