Former Employee

Justin Liu                                                  

Job Title: GM

Company Name: AvePoint

MVP Profile

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/zzliu/

Twitter: @FoxdaveJustin

JL.jpg

1. What do you think your most valuable skill is? Why?

I mainly focus on .NET, SharePoint, Office 365 and even a little Azure. The most is SharePoint, because I have developed around SharePoint since I began to work after graduation. I come across from SharePoint 2007 to 2016, from on-premise to online, the APIs are getting more and more powerful and flexible. But in fact, other than tech skill, the most valuable skill is to keep moving.

1. When did you decide to author SharePoint books?

In 2015, summer, I worked in a university to teach students about SharePoint related things and an editor from Tsinghua publishing house found me and asked if I wanted to write the book and I said yes. I love to share things with people who need them.

1. What was most rewarding about the experience?

The experience, of course, was the most rewarding thing, because it was the first time I published a book. You know, I had never thought of it before and it just came to me, I was thinking then, wow, I can write a book, this is amazing. Writing a book also makes me strengthen my own skills.

1. How do you help others problem solve using technology?

I answer questions in MSDN Forum and CSDN Forum, write blogs to share my own experience, issue solutions, and translate some Microsoft tech articles.

1. What is your favorite Office 365 feature?

Hah, SharePoint Online and OneDrive for business.

1. Let’s say you can predict the future – what do you see as the future of IT?

Ah, it is not easy to give details on that, I just want to say it will make our lives better and better, and more convenient.

1. Where do you want IT to go?

AI, VR, AR :)

0 Replies