SOLVED

forward shared mailbox without a license.

Brass Contributor

Hi

What's really the correct way to enable forwarding on a shared mailbox without a license?

On a user mailbox with forwarding enabled, I converted it to a shared mailbox and removed the 365 license. I was surprise mail forwarding was still intact. 

2 Replies
best response confirmed by virtual-tech (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@virtual-tech you can enable forwarding for a shared mailbox without a license as per the below screenshot 

eliekarkafy_0-1684505721701.png

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily.

@virtual-tech 

Can refer below 

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/admin/email/configure-a-shared-mailbox?view=o365-wor...

Forward emails that are sent to a shared mailbox

You do not need to assign a license to the shared mailbox in order to forward email that's sent to it. You can forward the messages to any valid email address or distribution list.

1. In the admin center, go to the Groups > Shared mailboxes page.

2. Select the shared mailbox you want to edit, then select Email forwarding > Edit.

3. Set the toggle to On, and enter one email address to forward the messages to. It can be any valid email address. To forward to multiple addresses, you need to create a distribution group for the addresses, and then enter the name of the group in this box.

4. Select Save.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by virtual-tech (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@virtual-tech you can enable forwarding for a shared mailbox without a license as per the below screenshot 

eliekarkafy_0-1684505721701.png

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily.

View solution in original post