Why Completing Microsoft 365 Publisher Attestation and Microsoft 365 App Certification is Crucial

Brass Contributor
Hello everyone,
As a PM who recently published a Teams app, I wanted to share my experience completing the Microsoft 365 Publisher Attestation and Microsoft 365 App Certification programs. These programs are designed to help developers publish trustworthy apps that customers can confidently adopt.

Completing the Publisher Attestation is a voluntary program where you complete a self-assessment of your app’s security, data handling, and compliance practices. The information you provide will be presented to your customers so they can better evaluate your app before enabling it for their organization. This program helps build trust with your clients and increase sales by making it easier for them to assess and adopt your app.

The Microsoft 365 Certification is a more rigorous program that includes a third-party audit of your app’s security and compliance practices. This certification provides additional benefits such as increased visibility in the marketplace and eligibility for co-selling opportunities with Microsoft.
By completing these programs, you can demonstrate to your clients that your app meets Microsoft’s high standards for security and compliance. This can help build trust with your clients and increase sales by making it easier for them to evaluate and adopt your app.

In conclusion, These programs help developers publish trustworthy apps that customers can confidently adopt. By completing these programs, you can demonstrate to your clients that your app meets Microsoft’s high standards for security and compliance. This can help build trust with your clients and increase sales by making it easier for them to evaluate and adopt your app.

I hope this helps! 

You can check the current applications that have these certifications here:

3 Replies
We have created an application, and we are have it available on the Microsoft Teams Store and Commercial Marketplace, but we haven't completed the attestation. I was just asking about this today and we are going to complete the attestation step. We have customers asking us some of the same questions covered by the attestation process, so we might as well cover it once.
This is our app (FYI)
https://www.chimev5.com/
Great answer to what we were just talking about! Good find!
-JL