Don’t forget about TechNet!

Silver Contributor

TechNet is a great community resource that sometimes gets overlooked, here I tell you why it’s worth checking out. TechNet is a big site, some of the best bits are the blogs, wiki, gallery and there are support forums too.

• Have a support question, the forums are worth checking out
  • How about articles on the latest developments, instructions or guidance, the wiki often has related articles
  • Looking for a script or some tool to get a job done, you may find something helpful in the gallery
  • Blogs direct from Microsoft employees, product teams or other experts have a lot of value and insights

You can take it a step further, if you have a passion for Microsoft technology, it could be IoT, big data, AI, Microsoft 365, Azure and more besides, TechNet offers you a way to make your mark.

You can contribute to different parts of TechNet in all sorts of ways and get recognition. I think one of the most interesting areas to do this is on the wiki. You can write a wiki article, help improve an existing article or translate articles for starters.

A recent TechNet Wiki article contributionA recent TechNet Wiki article contribution

My top 3 tips for wiki contributions

• It’s not a blog, so it’s not about you or self-promotion, it’s about contributing the best article possible
  • Write articles in the third person, don’t use I, me, or my instead it's we or our for example
  • Finding something interesting to write about that you think will have an audience that will be interested in the topic

There are standards that need to be followed but really it’s not that hard, after your first article you’ll get the hang of it and you’ll likely enjoy the experience.

My modest TechNet profile!My modest TechNet profile!

If you like leaderboards, points, badges, then you’ll love TechNet, there are so many ways to get recognition and it’s actually quite fun to contribute more and see how that grows. There are even belts where you can gain ranks if you really get into it.

So if any of that sounds of interest, check out TechNet and perhaps consider contributing if that’s at all appealing!

https://technet.microsoft.com

1 Reply

@Cian Allner 

I agree, don't forget about TechNet. But apparently Microsoft has forgotten about it. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/99b3b378-89e8-4ec5-8fba-634c05989443/what-happened...

PAGE NOT FOUND is beneath the dignity of Microsoft.