SOLVED

AO VPN

Brass Contributor

Hi All,

Apologies if i have posted this is wrong label

I am planning to implement AO VPN , my boss is concerned about the pricing .

I would like to know how Microsoft charges in below 2 scenarios 

1. User is working at home using only outlook and teams online , do not really need to connect to office or  network resources in office, does AO VPN still connect through Azure gateway and are we charged for the whole time ?

2. User is connected from office, does user still use VPN gateway ?

Regards,

Alex

2 Replies
best response confirmed by alexrabbi (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@alexrabbi 

My main problem with Always On vpn connections via Azure Virtual Network is , All Azure VNG skus only permit 128 connections for SSL \ SSTP.

Defending on the size of your organisation and if 128 SSL connections will suffice then great, If not a travelling sales person will most likely not be able to connect to their Always On VPN connection using iKev2 as the hotel Wi Fi , blocks this protocol and ports.

COSTS

• It depend on how far your organisation is on their cloud journey. If there are on-premise firewall decencies, then another option , could be to use Intune to application package with a transform file or config switch, eg. Palo Alto, Fortinet , Cisco, Checkpoint firewall client so that, remote clients can connect seamlessly when the vpn client is deployed via Intune
  • Ingres - egress, costs are very minimal when using Always On.
  • If using Azure Files and you select , Azure Premium Storage there is no ingress and egress charges

Hope this helps

Seán

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by alexrabbi (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@alexrabbi 

My main problem with Always On vpn connections via Azure Virtual Network is , All Azure VNG skus only permit 128 connections for SSL \ SSTP.

Defending on the size of your organisation and if 128 SSL connections will suffice then great, If not a travelling sales person will most likely not be able to connect to their Always On VPN connection using iKev2 as the hotel Wi Fi , blocks this protocol and ports.

COSTS

• It depend on how far your organisation is on their cloud journey. If there are on-premise firewall decencies, then another option , could be to use Intune to application package with a transform file or config switch, eg. Palo Alto, Fortinet , Cisco, Checkpoint firewall client so that, remote clients can connect seamlessly when the vpn client is deployed via Intune
  • Ingres - egress, costs are very minimal when using Always On.
  • If using Azure Files and you select , Azure Premium Storage there is no ingress and egress charges

Hope this helps

Seán

View solution in original post