SOLVED

"Show as Conversations" view in Outlook showing full directory path for the sent items

Brass Contributor

Hello There,

I am experiencing a weird behavior in Outlook, as when users use the "Show as Conversations" option under view tab, their sent emails display name is shown as a full directory path eg. "/O=****/OU=First Administrative Group/CN=Recipients/CN=<DisplayName>" instead of just the DisplayName.

Any idea what might be the cause? and any possible fix?

Noting that the issue gets resolved if I uncheck the "Show as Conversations" option.

Kindest Regards

5 Replies

@MohannadGH 

If there is a problem with your Outlook profile, you may experience strange behavior.
Try deleting and recreating your Outlook profile.

In Outlook, if your display name contains special characters or invalid characters, you may experience strange behavior.
So check if there is any problem with your display name.
The display name has no special characters, only letters.

However, I am starting to this that it is related to a corrupted windows profile or outlook.
best response confirmed by MohannadGH (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Hello Everyone,

The issue was related to a corrupted windows profile, and after conducting multiple tests to the OWA and using another windows profile, the issue was resolved.

Note that emails which was already sent will not be fixed. However, all new emails will not have this issue.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by MohannadGH (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Hello Everyone,

The issue was related to a corrupted windows profile, and after conducting multiple tests to the OWA and using another windows profile, the issue was resolved.

Note that emails which was already sent will not be fixed. However, all new emails will not have this issue.

View solution in original post