Trying to Insert Rows BELOW by default

Copper Contributor

I just upgraded to Windows 10 and thus upgraded my MS Office to the current package. I was previously running MS Office 2010! Yikes. I use lots of spreadsheets; when working in spreadsheets I need to be able to add rows BELOW by default. In the new version of Office, it always adds rows ABOVE my default. And this really slows me down. How can this be changed? I've looked all over and can't seem to find a way to choose an option. Thanks.

5 Replies

@cloverlandlogging 

Hello, "add rows BELOW by default" is not clear.. Kindly explain better

@cloverlandlogging 

Honestly can't remember that is was like that in older Excel versions. But if you were used to insert a row below row 10, you perhaps have to get used to inserting a row above row 11, in stead.

@Abiola1 When I select a row and right click "insert" it will only insert a new row above my current selection. I need it to insert a new row BELOW my selected row instead.

@Riny_van_Eekelen Well it's super inconvenient. Hard to explain why I need it to insert below. I usually add about 50 rows at a time. I can work around it, but it's more clicking to re-sort. Was hoping someone had a trick on here or a way to adjust default settings.

@cloverlandlogging Am not really following. What's the difference between adding 50 rows below row 10 and adding 50 rows above row 11?