SSCC number generation

Copper Contributor

All, I need to keep creating an SSCC number, multiple numbers at a time.

This has a fixed Extension digit

A 9 char fixed GS1 number

A 7 char serial number (this needs to be generated, increasing by 1 each time)

Check Digit (this needs to be generated)

The check digit is generated by each multiplying the first 17 chars by 3,1,3,1,3,1,3,1,3,1,3,1,3,1,3,1,3, suming the answer and subtracting the sum from nearest multiple of 10 higher than it. Please see file attached to help explain.

There must be a simple macro that generate this for me but unfortunately my skill level isn't there. Any help on how to do this or point me to one that is already made would be very much appreciated.

2 Replies

@SH0lm3s Perhaps the attached file is helpful. No VBA but I guess you need to enter the single digits yourself somehow. Then, the a formula can do all the calculations required in go AND produce the SSCC number in a single cell.

The formula works in all Excel versions. If you have a modern version it can be optimized/shortened, although it isn't so bad as it is now.

Due to where in the business this is going to be used I need to be able to automate the process as much as possible - ideally user states how many numbers they need to generate and that is all the user has to input.