SOLVED

Search Function

Deleted
Not applicable

Hi, 

I have an Excel worksheet with daily information such as interest rate, amortization, taxes, etc. 

On a separete worksheet I have just end of month dates and want to use a formula to fill in the interest rate, amortization, and taxes. 

What formula can I use and what data should I select? I attempted to use a search formula, but I am probably using it incorrectly. 

Thank you, 

Cristina 

2 Replies
best response
Solution
You probably need the VLOOKUP function. Suppose your daily sheet is called daily, containing data in A2:D100. And suppose you have a separate worksheet which has a date in column A, starting from row 2. Then this formula in cell B2 will return the interest rate belonging to that specific date:
=VLOOKUP(A2,Daily!$A$2:$D$100,2,FALSE)
(this formula only returns a value if the date which is in A2 ia found in the daily table)

Thank you Jan Karel!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution
You probably need the VLOOKUP function. Suppose your daily sheet is called daily, containing data in A2:D100. And suppose you have a separate worksheet which has a date in column A, starting from row 2. Then this formula in cell B2 will return the interest rate belonging to that specific date:
=VLOOKUP(A2,Daily!$A$2:$D$100,2,FALSE)
(this formula only returns a value if the date which is in A2 ia found in the daily table)

View solution in original post