Replacing a cell values with another across an entire workbook (without using find and replace)

Copper Contributor

I am using an excel spreadsheet generated from a database, which randomly assigns each client name a unique alpha-numeric identification code. I need to replace the database-generated ID number with my the ID number my company assigns each client. 

The database has created a spreadsheet in the workbook that looks like this:

A (database assigned ID)B (company assigned ID)
100056FJD123
200046JFD124
300039DHE125
400052HFJ126
500078JER127

In all other spreadsheets in this workbook, clients are only identified by their "database assigned ID" and not their "company assigned ID". I need a formula or code to replace the database IDs with the company IDs across the entire workbook. For example, a code that will find all cells matching "A1" and replace that value with "B1" and so on. There are nearly 600 unique database ID/company ID pairs that need to be replaced so it is impracticable to use "find and replace". Is what I am trying to do possible? Thank you in advance! 

1 Reply
If adding a column is an option, try the VLOOKUP function to lookup your companies ID from a given Database ID. All you need to make that work is a translation table like the one in your post above.