SOLVED

question

Copper Contributor

I want to make the following sum =value of a specific cell*1.01-(outcome of that sum*0.001575)

Outcome of that sum refers to the outcome of the sum 'value of a specific cell*1.01'

My question is, what is the symbol for 'outcome of that sum'?

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Tomas1010 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Tomas1010 

In Excel, you can use a cell reference to refer to the outcome of a sum. If you want to refer to the result of the sum of a specific cell multiplied by 1.01, you can use the cell reference directly in your formula. There isn't a specific symbol for the outcome of a sum, but you can use the reference to the cell that contains the result.

Assuming the specific cell is A1, your formula would look like this:

=A1*1.01 - (A1*1.01*0.001575)

This formula first calculates the value of A1*1.01 and then subtracts 0.001575 times that result.

Replace A1 with the reference to your specific cell as needed. AI was partially deployed to support the text.

My answers are voluntary and without guarantee!

Hope this will help you.

Was the answer useful? Mark as best response and Like it!

This will help all forum participants.

Thanks a lot, much appreciated!! It worked ;)

@NikolinoDE activation ms office

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Tomas1010 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Tomas1010 

In Excel, you can use a cell reference to refer to the outcome of a sum. If you want to refer to the result of the sum of a specific cell multiplied by 1.01, you can use the cell reference directly in your formula. There isn't a specific symbol for the outcome of a sum, but you can use the reference to the cell that contains the result.

Assuming the specific cell is A1, your formula would look like this:

=A1*1.01 - (A1*1.01*0.001575)

This formula first calculates the value of A1*1.01 and then subtracts 0.001575 times that result.

Replace A1 with the reference to your specific cell as needed. AI was partially deployed to support the text.

My answers are voluntary and without guarantee!

Hope this will help you.

Was the answer useful? Mark as best response and Like it!

This will help all forum participants.

View solution in original post