SOLVED

Pulling tax rate from spreadsheet into another

Copper Contributor

I attempted to use the xlookup formula suggested in an earlier answer this year with no success.  

I am looking to take the combined tax from the master file and populate it into the Bill file tax rate column.  I attached a small part of the two files as each is over 100K in lines.  

Thanks the assistance in advance.  

2 Replies
best response confirmed by allyreckerman (Microsoft)
Solution

@Cyndi_Norton_0519 

I understand you want to pull combined tax rate for the unique entries of state & zip code. For example state "OH" and zip code "44116" is combined tax 0,08.

I entered the worksheets (both named sheet1) into 1 workbook and named the worksheet containing the master data "MASTER TAX FILE".

=VLOOKUP(C2&D2,CHOOSE({1.2},'MASTER TAX FILE'!$C$2:$C$2093&'MASTER TAX FILE'!$H$2:$H$2093,'MASTER TAX FILE'!$J$2:$J$2093),2,FALSE)

Enter this formula in cell V2 as matrix with ctrl+shift+enter and then copy formula down to V8.

Thanks that worked!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by allyreckerman (Microsoft)
Solution

@Cyndi_Norton_0519 

I understand you want to pull combined tax rate for the unique entries of state & zip code. For example state "OH" and zip code "44116" is combined tax 0,08.

I entered the worksheets (both named sheet1) into 1 workbook and named the worksheet containing the master data "MASTER TAX FILE".

=VLOOKUP(C2&D2,CHOOSE({1.2},'MASTER TAX FILE'!$C$2:$C$2093&'MASTER TAX FILE'!$H$2:$H$2093,'MASTER TAX FILE'!$J$2:$J$2093),2,FALSE)

Enter this formula in cell V2 as matrix with ctrl+shift+enter and then copy formula down to V8.

View solution in original post