Power query hangs during loading

Copper Contributor

In Excel 2016 I have the following issue;
Since last week I cannot make new queries. Older Excel sheets with excisting queries work fine.

I can start making a new query it looks al fine until it starts loading the data. It counts till the maximumnumber of records but does not actually load, the cursus keeps indicating that it is trying to load.

I tried loading to table, just connection, with and without adding to the datamodel. Updating Office, restarting the computer, nothing seems to work.
Please help!

6 Replies

@JeeWee65 

It looks like a bug for 2016, I've see few such cases mentioned but never seen the solution. I'd suggest at least to send a frown form Excel.

Quite a handful of persons have reported having issues with the Get & Transform in recent days!

@Sergei Baklan frown form ?? Did you see I have Excel 2016? Where do I find that form?

@Abiola1 but never an solution I suppose?
It drives me crazy and costs a lot of time, even the Microsoft helpdeks couldn't help me. The called it a user specific problem.
In the mean time I already repaired, scrubed and reinstalled but the problem is still there.

I very much hope someone can provide an sollution soon.

@JeeWee65 

I don't remember there it is exactly in 2016, check for the icon like this

image.png

I for the issue itself I read myself about one case and heard from people about few other cases. My guess that's very few and bug appears in some specific condition. Safe mode, reinstalling of the Office with full remove doesn't help. Most probably that is the conflict with something in Windows environment. You may check if you have someone near you with exactly the same Office but bit different other software under the Windows.

But above is only my guess.

@Sergei Baklan I've never seen that icons in Excel

Thanks for suggestions, I'l look what the resullt is if I remove some recently added add-ins etc.