PLEASE Help with CELL("Filename")

Iron Contributor

I Really need some help

I'm using simple formula

=CELL("filename";A1)

this MUST produce string containing document path BUT

When document is stored in OneDrive synced folder (Yes! Opened LOCALLY)
this same function produces:

https://d.docs.live.net/cd...ec2/Documents/[Test.xlsx]Sheet1

rather than d:\OneDrive\Documents\[Test.xlsx]Sheet1

This isn't suitable for referencing other thing in same or similar folder

PLEASE any help or recommendation or workaround

Henn

3 Replies

@Henn Sarv 

I have noticed the same thing when using OneDrive. So long as both files (or all connected files) are open, it's the simpler reference. It does seem that both/all need to be opened in order for the destination sheet to have the most recent updated data from the source file(s)....but in my case that's not a problem.

I'm even using the new Dynamic Array functions to pull data from the other files, and they work just fine, "spilling" many rows and columns from the referenced file into the destination.

So I guess my question back to you is this: does it still work? Or is this a problem in that there are multiple users of one or more of the files in question?

@Henn Sarv 

Henn, that's known issue. If you open the file from synced with OneDrive folder and check in File->Info the path, it will be on web. Same for Open File Location in properties, however, Open file location button under Info, opens the synced folder.

@mathetes 

I have a log file stored on onedrive I need to query with powerquery

log file (weather station generates) is stored on other computer and synced my working computers (several) through Onedrive.

I need to ensure that when I open or refresh my query - the find synced file. I couldn't quarantee that Onedrive root is same on all computers I use (i use same sometime during my trainings as demo and then I've to be depend of class setup)

Henn