Pivot table drop down list problems

Copper Contributor

How do I get my pivot table to include the entire drop down list not just data that is entered. 

Also, My list is a select all that apply - how do I get the pivot table to still sort individually on my pivot table?

2 Replies

I have a similar question I was hoping someone could assist with.

Is there a way to copy and paste a certain list of values into the pivot tab slicer or filter? For example, the pivot table brings up 1000 account codes but I only want to see the results for 200 of those 1000. I have the list of the 200 account codes...I want to insert the custom list of 200 into the slicer or any other filtering option. Is this feasible? I don't want to have to select the 200 codes individually.

At least two ways. You have two tables - first one with all your data and second one with accounts you'd like to see.

1) You may create relationship between two tables, creating the pivot table add data to data model and use accounts from second tables as rows, all values are from first table. Unselect blanks in pivot table row filter (it shows summary for all accounts which are not in second table).

2) Add helper column to your first table where COUNTIF each account on second table. Use that column as a filter in pivot table, not necessary to use data model in that case. And it's more straightforward from updating second table/ refreshing point of view.