page setup doesn't work

Copper Contributor

Hello! I need to develop a document in Excel and adjust it to the page and/or sheet I want, however the page configuration space is blank, erased for me, so I can't move or change it, any expert Could you explain why this happened?

2 Replies
If the page configuration space in Excel is blank or missing, it might be due to a few possible reasons. Here are some steps to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue:

1. **Zoom Level**: Check your zoom level. If your Excel worksheet is zoomed in or out too much, it can sometimes make certain features, including page setup options, disappear. Try adjusting the zoom level to a normal view (usually 100%) and see if the page setup options reappear.

2. **Custom View**: You may have accidentally switched to a custom view that hides some of the Excel interface elements. To switch back to normal view, go to the "View" tab in the Excel ribbon and click on "Normal" or "Page Layout" view.

3. **Missing Ribbon**: Sometimes, the ribbon (the menu at the top with various tabs) can be minimized or hidden. To restore it, double-click on one of the tab names (e.g., "Home," "Insert," etc.) to maximize the ribbon.

4. **Excel Version**: The location of page setup options can vary slightly depending on the version of Excel you're using. Make sure you're looking in the correct place. In newer versions, the "Page Layout" tab usually contains page setup options.

5. **Customization**: If none of the above solutions work, it's possible that the page setup options were customized or removed from your Excel interface. You can try to reset the Excel settings to their default by going to "File" > "Options" > "Customize Ribbon" and then clicking on "Reset."

6. **Add-Ins or Conflicting Software**: Certain add-ins or third-party software might interfere with Excel's functionality. Try disabling any recently installed add-ins or software and see if the page setup options return.

7. **Corrupt Profile**: In rare cases, your Excel profile might be corrupted. Try creating a new user profile on your computer and see if the issue persists when you open Excel with the new profile.

If none of these solutions work, please provide more specific details about your Excel version and operating system. Additionally, if you have any recent changes or updates to your system or Excel, that information might help pinpoint the issue.

None of these alternatives helped me, the configuration layout is exactly this way, if possible, define this cause, I've tried everything, but I have no idea. I use windows 11 22h2 And excel office 365.

https://prnt.sc/fPj-R4iFclBN

@Excelonlineadvisor