SOLVED

#NUM error

Copper Contributor

Hi,

This formula is returning a #NUM error and I can't see why

=IF(AND(G27+G28<>0,TODAY()>Dashboard!D29+10),DATEDIF(Dashboard!K29,TODAY(),"d")&" Days Overdue",G27+G28)

The error only occurs when looking at 'Dashboard!D29', which is using this formula =IF(D29<>"",D29+13,"") to return a date. I am using the same formulas throughout the sheet with no issue and if I change Dashboard!D29 to D28 or D30 it works (same formulas in these cells). I can't see what is wrong with these formulas when they work perfectly everywhere else.

23 Replies

@Emily3918 

My remarks were based on your statement in the first post

"The error only occurs when looking at 'Dashboard!D29', which is using this formula =IF(D29<>"",D29+13,"") "

best response confirmed by Emily3918 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Hans Vogelaar 

I have isolated the problem. Using the formula below (which is an example that applies to the whole sheet and is not specific to the cells indicated). =IF(AND(G27+G28<>0,TODAY()>Dashboard!D29+10),DATEDIF(Dashboard!K29,TODAY(),"d")&" Days Overdue",G27+G28) 

If
Dashboard!D29+10 is less than Today() and
Dashboard!K29 is only 1 day greater than Today().

The formula will return #NUM!

More than 1 day greater than Today() and everything works again.
This means if you were looking at my sheet more than 1 day after the date in Dashboard!K29 you wouldn't have seen the #NUM! error.
If I change ">Dashboard!D29+10" to ">Dashboard!K29" the formula works no matter what the date is. 
I can't recall why I decided to use "Dashboard!D29+10", I assume that I wanted the number of workdays not weekdays from the start date even though, although that didn't really affect the end result. Anyway, it all works now.

No offence to Hans, but I marked this as the best response by mistake. If anyone does have an issue similar to this, I solved it further down the thread.

@Emily3918 

I have unmarked my reply.