SOLVED

Nested Slicers loose the ability to reflect sub-group selection

Copper Contributor

When working properly

german_f2016_0-1700423484388.png

and when not working properly:

german_f2016_1-1700423607950.png

I had my pivot table converted to formulas using the OLAP tools and now the slicers seem to work, but don't communicate between them (when the pivot table was present, the slicers showed the correspondent parent/child items in the other slicer). Is there a way to fix this? please advise.

4 Replies
Well, I assume the slicers no longer affect the values calculated by the formulas. Do they?

@Jan Karel Pieterse 

Hi Jan,

Actually, they work fine. The problem is that the two slicers do not give a visual clue of what is being selected in the other slicer. Before the conversion to formulas, when you selected one element in the right-side slicer, the left-side slicer dimmed out the boxes not related to the selection. 

Perhaps you could add the pivot table back again, but with only a total row (so just a sum field and no row or column or page filters). Tie that toe the slicer and it should work again?
best response confirmed by german_f2016 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Jan Karel Pieterse 

Thank you,

Jan, having the pivot table back in a single cell connected to the slicers did the trick! The visual aid is working now.

Regards,

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by german_f2016 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Jan Karel Pieterse 

Thank you,

Jan, having the pivot table back in a single cell connected to the slicers did the trick! The visual aid is working now.

Regards,

View solution in original post