Navigating within a worksheet twists the display

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I use the latest office, version Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2304 build 16.0.16327.20200) 64 bit, on the Windows 10, 64 bit, 22H2, with all updates.

I use the latest driver for my display card.

I tried to reboot – it didn't help.

It happens with various XLSX files.

When I navigate inside a simple worksheet, with only text in it, either using the mouse (and also in zoom in and zoom out) or the keyboard, often the display in twisted to either show cells of a very remote "location" in the worksheet, usually horizontally, which I didn't even get close in my navigation (I moved only few cells down or up, and vertically, not horizontally) or – Excel opens a block of gray area to the right most side of the worksheet (it is a right to left worksheet). See attached screen shots.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this?

1 Reply

@eitancaspi 

Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

Before trying any step, I strongly recommend running Windows and Office update.

1. Check your display settings: Make sure your display settings are configured correctly and that your resolution and scaling are set to the recommended values for your monitor. You can access these settings in the Windows Settings app under Display.
  2. Update your graphics driver: Even if you have the latest driver installed, it's possible that there is a bug or issue with it that is causing the display problem. Try uninstalling the current driver and installing an older version, or check with the manufacturer for any known issues or updates.
  3. Repair or reinstall Office: It's possible that there is a problem with the installation of Excel itself. You can try repairing the installation by going to the Control Panel > Programs and Features and selecting Microsoft 365, then choosing "Change" and "Repair." If that doesn't work, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling Office.
  4. Try running Excel in Safe Mode: This will start Excel with minimal features and add-ins, which can help you identify if a third-party add-in is causing the display issue. To start Excel in Safe Mode, hold down the Ctrl key while opening Excel.
  5. Disable hardware acceleration: Sometimes, Excel's use of hardware acceleration can cause display issues. To disable it, go to File > Options > Advanced and scroll down to the "Display" section. Check the box next to "Disable hardware graphics acceleration."

Hopefully one of these solutions will help resolve the issue you're experiencing with Excel.