Missing values in pivot table

Copper Contributor

Hello,

Downloaded my data, inserted pivot table, report layout is tabular form. Everything looked good until I noticed some missing values where there should be values. I verified the information that the missing data that should be pulling into the pivot table is in my data table. I have tried everything I know to do to remedy the problem to no avail. Again, I have verified that the missing information is indeed in the data table, just not pulling over into the pivot table. Any suggestions are very much appreciated.

26 Replies

@Windward That is the exact problem I am having.

@CSRouse 

what problem is that

This worked for me. Thank you!
To help other users find solution to your post please don't forget to mark it as answered. Thank you

@Yea_So  Hi Many thanks. I think I have all the answers now but to summarise:-

If I want to list items individually I need to ensure that they have unique identifiers in the text otherwise the amounts will be aggregated.

To get a grand total I need to have the "cost" column as a "Value" i.e. Sum of Cost (but I can relabel this as say "Amount")

I think I have got it now so thanks again. I don't think I can mark this as Answered as this was not my question originally.

I have attached an amended example to confirm I have understood.........I think!

@Yea_So I think I have what I need but I have looked into Cubes etc and as a bear of little brain ..... Way...Way above my abilities. Maybe another day!! Many thanks again,

@Windward 

The question was: Re: Missing values in pivot table

The answer is:

If I want to list items individually I need to ensure that they have unique identifiers in the text otherwise the amounts will be aggregated. Yes and to not put it in the Row pivot field so they won't go missing.

Does that not answer the question?