Looking for help...

Copper Contributor

I am needing help with a function.  I am trying to set up a table tracking high/low temperatures in an area.  The problem I am having is I need to set it where the numerical value will automatically change the cell shading to different colors based on a 10 degree breakdown.  For example, everything over 120 is black, everything 110 to 119 is red, everything 100 to 109 is orange, etc.  

6 Replies

@KeithleyNotary 

Hello.

I guess you can try to add multiple logical rules for conditional formatting to selected cells. I.E. if I assume your data start at A1 then the rules could go as follows:

=A1>=120

=AND(A1>=110, A1<120)

=AND(A1>=100, A1<110)...and so forth until needed.

There is also an option to make a sort of "heat map", using 3 color scale in conditional formatting. This could work if it is not obligatory to have certain color for certain subset of values.

Hope this helps :)

@Branislav1984  I am trying to attach a photo of what I am trying to make, hope that helps.  And thank you so much for the assistance.

@KeithleyNotary 

Morning...did you manage to attach the photo?

NP, of course.

i think it worked that time.  The system was being dense, it was saying my .jpeg photo was invalid because it wasn’t a .jpg format...:face_with_rolling_eyes::face_with_rolling_eyes:🤯

@Branislav1984   Trying this again.  It is showing the photo in the message so will see...