Is this a problem and if so how can I fix it?

Copper Contributor

While running a macro in my Office 365 Excel workbook I noticed many of these popup formatting tags that one usually doesn't see once they've pasted the values and clicked out of the cell.  However, while the macro is running, the contents of the active worksheet disappears except for a few buttons embedded on the worksheet and all of these formatting popups appear.  See the attached photo.  I am just wondering if they can cause performance problems and if I can somehow clean them up as I no longer need them once my sheet is formatted the way I want it?

formatpopups.jpg

2 Replies

This is an issue reported by multiple users on different forums across the internet.  It appears to be tied to when the application uses a lot of CPU.  Not sure if it will cause performance problems/issues.  I just more or less wanted you to know that you're not alone.

I haven't seen a formal response or acknowledgment of this issue from Microsoft.

Thanks for your response. Other than looking ugly, it doesn't seem to be affecting the execution of the macro. Hopefully, it will get fixed in an update soon.