SOLVED

I need help please with this formula

Copper Contributor

=IF(Y<=$AF$1,SUM(S14*ROUNDUP(SUM(ROUNDDOWN(200/R14,0)/ROUNDDOWN(150/T14,0)),IF(SUM(S14*ROUNDUP(ROUNDDOWN(200/R14,0)/ROUNDDOWN(150/T14,0))<=75,"HiDens","FALSE"))

Basically 

if y <= .00225 then calculate the sum of s * roundedup of sum of (rounddown (200/r,0)/rounddown (150/t,0)), then if all of this is <= 75 write "HiDens' in Excel

can anyone help ... my formula keeps returning #NAME?

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Hans Vogelaar (MVP)
Solution

@Guavapip 

Well, the formula as it stands is missing quite a few parentheses and several function arguments. In addition, in the very beginning you have =IF(Y<=$AF$1.......

Now if Y is not a named range in your sheet you will get a #NAME? error. Replace Y with a cell reference that holds the value for Y or create a named range for that cell.

The following formula has a correct syntax, though I can't tell if the result it produces with your data is correct as you didn't provide an example to test it on.

=IF(Y<=$AF$1,SUM(S14*ROUNDUP(SUM(ROUNDDOWN(200/R14,0)/ROUNDDOWN(150/T14,0)),0),IF(SUM(S14*ROUNDUP(ROUNDDOWN(200/R14,0)/ROUNDDOWN(150/T14,0),0))<=75,"HiDens","FALSE")))

BIGGEST THANKS @Riny_van_Eekelen for your help ... in the end I could not get it to work ... so I broke up the formula and then worked it out seperately ... but again, BIggest thanks for your time and help ... nice to have someone out there for help :)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Hans Vogelaar (MVP)
Solution

@Guavapip 

Well, the formula as it stands is missing quite a few parentheses and several function arguments. In addition, in the very beginning you have =IF(Y<=$AF$1.......

Now if Y is not a named range in your sheet you will get a #NAME? error. Replace Y with a cell reference that holds the value for Y or create a named range for that cell.

The following formula has a correct syntax, though I can't tell if the result it produces with your data is correct as you didn't provide an example to test it on.

=IF(Y<=$AF$1,SUM(S14*ROUNDUP(SUM(ROUNDDOWN(200/R14,0)/ROUNDDOWN(150/T14,0)),0),IF(SUM(S14*ROUNDUP(ROUNDDOWN(200/R14,0)/ROUNDDOWN(150/T14,0),0))<=75,"HiDens","FALSE")))

View solution in original post