I can't find Name Manager dialog box displayed in my ribbon bar (excel 365)

Copper Contributor

Dear community,

Can anyone tells me how to insert or display the Name Manger dialog box in my ribbon bar in excel 365.

I am currently using a HOME edition of Office 365.

I need the name manager for data validation.

Many thanks,

8 Replies

@Razvan_Morogan Are you using Excel on-line (in a browser window) by any chance? It doesn't have Name Manager.

Hi Jan,

Yes i am using excel on-line, in a browser.
For my needs a downloaded version it's not helping me due to high no's of formula updates.
So there is no chance to figure it out ?

Thanks

@Razvan_Morogan 

Open the workbook in the desktop version of Excel.

@Razvan_Morogan 

Alternatives could be

- install Excel Labs add-in from Microsoft and within it use Advanced Formula Environment

- you may define named ranges in Name Box (to the left from Formula Bar) and check existing names from its drop-down

Thanks Sergei,
I think i will download a copy of the workbook and edit it in desk version than i will upload it back to drive with the needed changes.
I hoped that there is a simple way of managing names without downloading every time a copy of the workbook.
I appreciate your answer.
Thank you,
Thanks Hans,
I am forced to do so :).

@Razvan_Morogan 

AFE is simple enough, but all depends on goals

@Razvan_Morogan When you've opened the file in the browser you can then click that Edit button to open in desktop. There should be no need for downloading, saving and uploading as the file automatically saves from desktop. Are you not using OneDrive or Sharepoint by any chance?