SOLVED

How to link data header or some cell to navigate to graph of same data in another sheet ?

Brass Contributor

I have 2 sheets in the attached excel as an example, in that sheet 1 i have data for graph & in sheet 2 i have the graphs, which is the similar scenario in a file i am working on, so I want to link these data headers to graph, ie. in sheet 1, "Chart 1" or cell "B1" to the graph "Chart 1" in sheet 2. Either it can be with VBA or some other option.

Or is there any better way to do this? open for all ideas.

I cant have the graph & data in same sheet since it a long data, i.e. year long data (in column) with multiple lines (in row).

Appreciate all help.

7 Replies

@arunrj See attached Chart 1. Is that what you need?

Actually I am not able to find any difference in the file, could you please mention what you have done ?

@arunrj Look at Chart1. The chart title is linked to the cell above the data range in Sheet1 and the horizontal axis labels are linked to column A of Sheet1.

Sorry, my query was not clear earlier, I meant how to link & navigate, to be clear.
I was able to do by adding a VBA to go to & select using a command button, but any better way is available ?
best response confirmed by arunrj (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@arunrj 

If I understand this correctly, you're looking to create a quick way to navigate from source data to chart?

For example, click "Chart 1" in B1 and it takes you to Chart 1?

This is possible with defined names and hyperlinks.  A potential drawback is this system of navigation does not scroll, it merely takes you to the address defined in a given named item.  Also, with this sample workbook the charts are close together so the navigation is not as apparent as it might be if things were spaced out a bit more.

Thanks Patrick, this will work. I think adjusting the length & width of cells could solve the scrolling problem, since it takes to the cell reference directly.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by arunrj (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@arunrj 

If I understand this correctly, you're looking to create a quick way to navigate from source data to chart?

For example, click "Chart 1" in B1 and it takes you to Chart 1?

This is possible with defined names and hyperlinks.  A potential drawback is this system of navigation does not scroll, it merely takes you to the address defined in a given named item.  Also, with this sample workbook the charts are close together so the navigation is not as apparent as it might be if things were spaced out a bit more.

View solution in original post