SOLVED

How can I improve my 2017 NHL winner and runner-up prediction made a year before which was right?

Brass Contributor

I made Final Adrian Stanley Cup Winning Trends And Projection worksheet file for the year 2017 NHL.

I did it using a complex process and then projecting graphs of Canada and USA  on same graph using trends.

I did it a year before. In 2016. My prediction was USA will be Runners-Up and will win the Stanley Cup. My prediction was right.

Can anyone kindly look at my work worksheets and Pivot tables and splicers and tell me how I can improve it?

Thank you. 

P.S. I have attached the Excel file along with this post.

NHLprojection2017_1.jpgNHLProjection2017_2.jpgNHLprojection2017_3.jpgNHLprojection2017_4.jpgNHLprojection2017_5.jpgNHLprojection2017_6.jpg

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Adrian1595 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Adrian1595 My comments:

- Streamline the design, don't use totally different colors for each chart, use similar colors

- Stop using 3D pie charts, they are misleading (turn the charts and you'll notice that slices in front appear larger than the ones at the back)

- If there are more than 3 or 4 categories, a pie chart is not fit to display the data, a column or bar chart is better

- If you decide on a bar or column chart, make sure the bars are sorted in size, that makes it easier to compare them.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Adrian1595 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Adrian1595 My comments:

- Streamline the design, don't use totally different colors for each chart, use similar colors

- Stop using 3D pie charts, they are misleading (turn the charts and you'll notice that slices in front appear larger than the ones at the back)

- If there are more than 3 or 4 categories, a pie chart is not fit to display the data, a column or bar chart is better

- If you decide on a bar or column chart, make sure the bars are sorted in size, that makes it easier to compare them.

View solution in original post