SOLVED

Help with CSV files

Copper Contributor

I have run into a problem with a .CSV file that looks like this:

There are two fields in a row that are in mm/dd/yyyy date format that were

used as a key (start date/end date) that were to be imported into Excel(the version

originally used was 2010) and now needs to be checked and compared with the most

recent dates in a new sheet, which was also to be imported from a CSV file.  To be

very honest,  no documentation was provided to me about how to get the job done

and I am new to Excel  and both the old sheet and the new sheet are in different 

workbooks.  The end result was to be put into a third sheet which would then

also have yes/no answers as to if someone would be due for a bonus.  This

would be saved and printed out.  Would appreciate help on this!!!

2 Replies
best response confirmed by rmccabe (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi!

It is a bit confusing for me. Did you manage to import the .CSV to Excel, or the problem is with Excel itself? Add me on Skype (Excel Coach) so you can show me the error. 

Luis:
The idea was: Treat this something like a batch update, where one worksheet was the master, the update worksheet for the volunteer contained data in .CSV format imported into Excel, and
the third worksheet would take data that would contain the resulting
information about how long the volunteer had stayed. I'm totally new to Excel and one suggestion made to me was to use vlookup, whatever that is. We don't HAVE Skype here at NCS. If I understood
the boss correctly, he wanted one column be set aside for the following computation -- C=A+B, where A and B are master and update field source data. Help!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by rmccabe (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi!

It is a bit confusing for me. Did you manage to import the .CSV to Excel, or the problem is with Excel itself? Add me on Skype (Excel Coach) so you can show me the error. 

View solution in original post