Help - vlookup not my friend

Copper Contributor

Can anyone help me, I’m sure this can be done.

I have a MASTER spreadsheet with all data on, I want the master spreadsheet data to stay as is but, I need specific entire row data to be pulled to specific tabs. 

example:

master tab holds data for 92 vehicles from different suppliers. I need the data to copy into specific tabs based on the supplier. I need the master sheet to be the only one that can be changed and the changes are to reflect into the individual tabs only changeable from the master tab.

I am certain this is possible but for live nor money cannot find the right formula/command.

id anyone can help I would be eternally greatful.

3 Replies

@HsbmPA 

If you have Microsoft 365 or Office 2021, you can use the FILTER function.

It will work best if the data on the master sheet are in a table (created by clicking Table on the Insert tab of the ribbon.

Let's say the table is named Data, with the supplier name in a column named Supplier.

To extract the data of a supplier named ACME on another sheet, enter the following formula in A2 on that sheet:

=FILTER(Data,Data[Supplier]="ACME","")

The formula will spill to as many rows as needed, and its result will be updated automatically when data in the table on the MASTER sheet are added, edited and removed

@Hans Vogelaar 

Thank you for your recommendation, I am not sure if I am doing something wrong so I have changed titles to match exactly what you have, but its not working at all it gives me an error message (see screen shot below), Any advice would be amazing.

This "FILTER" function feels familiar and like what I need, its been a while for me so I am rusty.

Screenshot 22.08.23.JPG

@Miche_HSBM 

If yo use comma as decimal separator, use semicolon  instead of comma between the arguments of a function:

=FILTER(Data;Data[Supplier]="ACME";"")