Help! Image disappears when you click on it in Excel, with the message "Picture" appearing instead

Copper Contributor

Hi.

I have a spreadsheet with 200 rows that contains one image in each row of column A. I inserted these images by Insert > Picture > Place Over Cell (then I rotated it as neccessary) > then I clicked the little icon on the top right of the image which puts the image in the cell. However, the problem I have is when you click the image, it dissapears and the text "Picture" appears within the cell and the only way to make the image to come back (to my knowledge) is to Undo. Does anyone know why the image dissapears when I check on an image in the cell? Images attached a reference. Any help would be really appreciated as a lot of time and effort has gone into compiling this document.

Is the document corrupt, too many images?

Many thanks. Paul:cry:

2/4 - I rotate to how I want it and then click the top right icon on the image to snap the image within the cell2/4 - I rotate to how I want it and then click the top right icon on the image to snap the image within the cell3/4 - The image then snaps within the cell3/4 - The image then snaps within the cell1/4 - I insert an image by Place over Cell > This Device1/4 - I insert an image by Place over Cell > This Device4/4 - The word "Picture" appears if i then click the image and the only way I know to bring the image back is to Undo4/4 - The word "Picture" appears if i then click the image and the only way I know to bring the image back is to Undo

0 Replies