Geographic Heat Map doesn't read data

Copper Contributor

Hello all, 

I am currently trying to produce a geographic heat map for a set of data points spanning Eastern Massachusetts.  However, when I select my data and insert the map, all that appears is a uniformly colored map of Massachusetts.  The color gradient scale runs from 0 to 50, which is the span of my data set, so I know that it recognizes the data I have input, but I can't figure out why it won't then reflect that scale in the actual map.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I can't seem to find any information on this particular problem online.  Thanks!

MA SWD map.PNG

4 Replies

Scale will be shown from min to max of all your values independently of location recognition

image.png

What's wrong with your data it's hard to say without the sample file

Attached is my sample file

Limitations: Map charts can only plot high-level geographic details, so cities, latitude and longitudes, and street address mapping isn’t supported.

Please see https://support.office.com/en-us/article/create-a-map-chart-f2cfed55-d622-42cd-8ec9-ec8a358b593b

Map Chart doesn't recognize cities, so it shows the map of the entire state labelling area with the name in first record. 

Ah shoot that's too bad.  Thank you!!