Formula

Copper Contributor

Hi, Excel formula doesn't show the correct answer. What can be the reason? For example in the selected cell, I use average formula, answer turns out to be 0, but actually answer for first line should be 1.4, for second line it should be  3.89 and etc. There is no any mistake by my side, because I have checked it hundred times, in case any mistakes, but every time it gives zero. What can I do to get correct answer? I also use iferror function, but again same problem happens.

Alsu_Badalova_1-1699871588274.pngAlsu_Badalova_2-1699871611053.png

6 Replies

@Alsu_Badalova 

Could you attach a small sample workbook demonstrating the problem (without sensitive data), or if that is not possible, make it available through OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox or similar?

@HansVogelaar  

I've tried to copy the problematic part to the new workbook, but in that workbook formula works normal, I think problem arises only in this workbook. And unfortunately this workbook contains highly confidential data. In order to describe a little bit more I've attached few more pics. For ex. Z74 cell refers to the  Y74 cell and the number is 1.34, meanwhile Y74 is zero, which is not again correct number. 

Alsu_Badalova_1-1699873610061.png

Alsu_Badalova_0-1699873336436.png

@Alsu_Badalova 

What do V74, W74 and X74 contain? Values or formulas?

If they contain formulas, what are those formulas?

@HansVogelaar 

Yes, they contain formulas, but it is just division function. For ex. V74 equals to =V48/V63 same for W74 (W48/W63)  and X74 (X74/X63)

But previous cells (In the workbook we show each months separetly) also contain formulas but average or iferror function works normal for them. 

@Alsu_Badalova 

I understand that you cannot share the workbook, but I'm afraid I have no idea what causes the problem.

Thank you so much!