SOLVED

Formula Help

Brass Contributor

Hello everyone, I'm trying to build a staffing plan based on grade levels and I need a formula to help me with it. I attached an example of what I'm trying to do. So you could see I have names in column B and next to them their grade levels to the right in column C. You can also see what their days off schedule is for the 2 weeks and the blank cells are the days they are working. at the bottom in the blue section D20:Q22 I'm trying to get totals and is where I need the formulas. So in B20 I have A's. I need a formula to calculate for Sunday (D20) how many A's are working for that day (D3:D19) based on the grade level. while also calculating in D18 and 19 if there are any A's covering that day. So D20 should show I have 2 on for Sunday. I would like the formula to be interactive with column C so those grades can be changed and the formula would also change with it. I hope this makes sense. If there are any questions please let me know. THANK YOU FOR ANY AND ALL HELP. I very much appreciate it.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by spalmer (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@spalmer  try this:

=COUNTIFS(D$3:D$17,"",$C$3:$C$17,$B20)+COUNTIFS(D$18:D$19,$B20)

see attached

That worked!  thank you very much @mtarler.  I really appreciate your time and help in this

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by spalmer (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@spalmer  try this:

=COUNTIFS(D$3:D$17,"",$C$3:$C$17,$B20)+COUNTIFS(D$18:D$19,$B20)

see attached

View solution in original post