SOLVED

Filtering for specific rows and concatenating cells within that row

Brass Contributor

I have made some headway on this one, but falling short.  I need to filter for rows with a specific cell value.  Then once found, return a specific cell and concatenate a group of other cells in that row.  What I have working is only an attempt at the filter and concatenation but my formula is concatenating all rows with the specific cell value "BUNDLE IDENTIFIER".  I think if I had a unique value , I could reduce the scope.  I know there has to be a better way.

NotSoFastEddie_0-1715045318364.png

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Hans Vogelaar (MVP)
Solution

@NotSoFastEddie Perhaps something like this:

=LET(
    arr, FILTER(MainSheet!$E7:$M15, MainSheet!$A7:$A15="BUNDLE IDENTIFIER"),
    HSTACK(TAKE(arr,, 1), "["&BYROW(TAKE(arr,, -5), LAMBDA(r, TEXTJOIN(", ",, r)))&"]")
)

See attached...

You are making me cry. I resorted to scanning the list of excel formulas looking for something that peaked my interest. I looked into LAMBDA but just don't know enough EXCEL to break it down. I thank you very much for your time and effort. I thought I was almost there using FILTER function with two criteria "BUNDLE IDENTIFIER" * UNIQUE on the BUNDLE ID and was receiving a #VALUE .
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Hans Vogelaar (MVP)
Solution

@NotSoFastEddie Perhaps something like this:

=LET(
    arr, FILTER(MainSheet!$E7:$M15, MainSheet!$A7:$A15="BUNDLE IDENTIFIER"),
    HSTACK(TAKE(arr,, 1), "["&BYROW(TAKE(arr,, -5), LAMBDA(r, TEXTJOIN(", ",, r)))&"]")
)

See attached...

View solution in original post