Filler map in Excel 2019

Copper Contributor

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to add a map chart to my Excel report. I only have data for the locations listed below, but Excel is showing me all countries on the graph. That's why countries that include data are difficult to see clearly. For example, Czechia covers a small area on the map, making it difficult to see. I want only the data-containing continents to be shown on the map.

How can I see only the regions that are included?

• UK
  • France
  • Germany
  • Czechia
  • Turkey
  • China
  • South Korea
  • Japan

I want to see the European and Asian continents on the chart. It's not necessary to show Africa and America.

One more thing; when I add datas (datas are include total amount to buy in 2023 as euro and they're 7 - 8 digits) to the map, some numbers don't fit and are hidden. How can I show all labels?

Second one is better for me, I would like to see the chart like this.

IMG_20231212_064703.jpg

Excel version: 2019

1 Reply

Hi @rabbace,

to selectively display specific regions in your Excel map chart, you can modify the map area through the chart's Series options. Follow these steps:

1. Right-click anywhere on the map's plot area.
  2. Select Format Data Series from the context menu.
  3. The options pane on the right will open, allowing you to adjust map projections, displayed areas, and labels.

To display all labels in your Excel map chart, adjust the map labels in the chart's Series options using these steps:

1. Click on the chart to reveal the side menu.
  2. Click the Plus icon > Data Labels > More Positions.
  3. In the Format Data Labels side window, ensure the Value from Cells option is selected. Click on Select Range.
  4. Specify the data label range and click OK.

Format a Map Chart - Microsoft Support

Create a Map chart in Excel - Microsoft Support

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)