Files will not save on spreadsheet

Copper Contributor

For some unknown reason my files are not saving when I try to save and store on cloud too. I have never had this problem before

1 Reply

@Rod_Smith61462 

If you're experiencing issues with saving files to the cloud in Excel, here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Check Internet Connection: Ensure that you have a stable internet connection. Saving to the cloud requires an active connection.
  2. Verify Storage Space: Check if you have enough storage space on your cloud service (e.g., OneDrive, Google Drive, etc.). If you've reached your storage limit, you won't be able to save new files.
  3. Temporary Issue: Sometimes cloud services may experience temporary outages or issues. Check the status of the cloud service provider (e.g., OneDrive status page) to see if there are any ongoing problems.
  4. File Name: Make sure the file name doesn't contain any special characters or symbols that might cause issues when saving. Try simplifying the file name.
  5. Try a Different Browser: If you're using Excel Online in a web browser, try a different web browser to see if the issue is browser-specific.
  6. Clear Browser Cache: Clear your browser's cache and cookies. Sometimes, cached data can cause problems.
  7. Browser Extensions: Disable browser extensions or add-ons that might interfere with the cloud service.
  8. Save As a Copy: Try saving the file with a different name or in a different location. This can sometimes resolve saving issues.
  9. Reconnect Account: If you're using a cloud service like OneDrive, try signing out of your account and then signing back in. This can help re-establish the connection.
  10. Local Excel Application: If you're using the desktop version of Excel, try saving the file locally on your computer first and then upload it to the cloud manually.
  11. Cloud App Updates: Ensure that your cloud storage app or service is up to date. Sometimes, outdated apps can cause compatibility issues.
  12. Firewall or Security Software: Check if any firewall or security software is blocking the connection to the cloud service. You may need to adjust the settings or temporarily disable such software for testing.
  13. File Size: Very large files may take longer to upload and save. Be patient and wait for the process to complete.
  14. Contact Support: If the issue persists and you've tried the above steps, consider contacting the support team of your cloud service provider for further assistance.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it might be a specific problem with your setup, and you may need to send more information. The text was created with the help of AI.

My answers are voluntary and without guarantee!

Hope this will help you.

Was the answer useful? Mark as best response and like it!

This will help all forum participants.