SOLVED

Excel upside down text (rotated by 180 degrees)

Copper Contributor

How can I make a cell in Excel contain upside down (rotated by 180 degrees) text of another cell

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Hans Vogelaar (MVP)
Solution

@Rob_Sample This cannot be done directly in a cell but can be faked with a "linked picture". Copy the cell that you want to be displayed upside-down, then go to Home > Paste > Linked Picture.

Paste > Linked PicturePaste > Linked Picture

You can then rotate the picture by going to Picture Format > Rotate. The picture will reflect any changes made to the linked cell, including applied formatting.

Linked Picture ResultsLinked Picture Results

@djclements Thank you for that suggestion, that's a good solution! I had tried adding an upside down text box but had to manually copy the contents in, so this is a great improvement. I am making place cards for a club dinner from a spreadsheet of names.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Hans Vogelaar (MVP)
Solution

@Rob_Sample This cannot be done directly in a cell but can be faked with a "linked picture". Copy the cell that you want to be displayed upside-down, then go to Home > Paste > Linked Picture.

Paste > Linked PicturePaste > Linked Picture

You can then rotate the picture by going to Picture Format > Rotate. The picture will reflect any changes made to the linked cell, including applied formatting.

Linked Picture ResultsLinked Picture Results

View solution in original post