Excel ribbon with a life of its own - i.e. the arrangement of the menu items (Home, ...) has changed

Copper Contributor

Hi there,

since the last update of Excel, about 1 week ago, I have been confronted with the following phenomenon. The ribbon is highlighted in red in the screenshot. These are COM add-ins that are arranged first. It could also be a coincidence that it occurred together with the update. In any case, no add-in has been changed (updated) in Excel.

20231218_excel-ribbon.png

If I deactivate them, I have my "normal" ribbon again. If I activate the add-ins again, they arrange themselves normally at the end of the ribbon. This is independent of whether I activate them individually or all together. I think I have already gone through all the variants of deactivation and activation. However, when I restart Excel, I have the ribbon again as shown in the screenshot.

I must also mention that an "Excel add-in" follows the COM add-ins in terms of behaviour. The FastExcel V4 add-ins (from Decision Models) including Lamda Explorer also sort themselves before the "Home" menu item.

My Excel version (Beta Channel)
Microsoft® Excel® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2401 Build 16.0.17204.20000) 64-bit

Does anyone have an idea or even a solution for me?

Many thanks in advance

4 Replies
I suggest you send feedback to microsoft using Help, Feedback, I don't like something. Make sure you check the box to include a screen-shot.
@Jan Karel Pieterse
Thanks, I will go this way to. Your RefTreeAnalyser has not this behaviour. ;)
@ Jan Karel Pieterse I let you know, that I found a solution, not the best, but function. I reset the Quick Access Toolbar and now the ribbon has been as usual for 2 days.