Excel not working properly since updating to Windows 11

Copper Contributor

Hi,

Since I have updated my PC to windows 11 Excel has not been working properly. Every 5 min the sheets seem to be unresponsive when I click on a tab or anywhere on the excel page. To make it work again I have to constantly reduce the window and reopen it. This is very frustrating as it happens very often. I have tried to start excel in safe mode or disable add-ins but the bug continues.

Thank you 

103 Replies

@Santero10 

Having the same issue.  once I start to use the excel sheet adding my formulas excel stops responding making it impossible to complete my reports using Excel

Was there ever a solution to this? I'm having the same issue and for me it seems whenever I try to copy/paste anything, the sheet freezes up. So it seems, for me, whenever I get anything in the buffer it completely locks up and is really a pain.

@JimJohnson1611 Never received assistance on this. Microsoft could not assist or did not want to, Dell replaced my motherboard, RAM and SSD under warrant which did not resolved the issue. Dell ended up replacing my laptop for me under warranty which appears to have resolved the issue.

@Marissa_Hattingh 

I eventually installed windows 10 and all my MS office problems disappeared