Excel - is acting wierd

Copper Contributor

Whats going on?
While I was away from my computer, a new version of excel showedup!
NOW everything is strange! - It changed the colors onky spreadsheets, but worst of all things are not working as they should:
1)Freeze panes wil not allow me to freeze more than just the top row or first column.

2) it confuses clipboard versions - i tried to copy a sheet to a new file (would not right click) then when I used the copy command, it copied the previous clipboard item - I had to do this multiple times before it got my copu correct

3) it did not copy my formulas, so when I went to specifically copy my formulas.. they showed-up but did not calc as they should.

What is going on?

1 Reply

Hi @Mary_Addams ,

Causes of Excel Freeze Panes Not Working:

The causes of this issue are when your Excel worksheet is in the page layout view, when Windows protection is turned on and when the Excel sheet is protected by the earlier versions of Excel. Because of all these issues, Excel Freeze Panes does Not Work properly.

To fix this issue, you can follow the below link.

https://ms-office.us.com/why-freeze-panes-not-work-in-excel-and-how-to-fix-this-issue/

Copying of formula correctly:

From the Menu section, go to Formula -> Calculation Options -> Change option from Manual to Automatic.

In addition, make sure your advanced options (File –> Options –> Advanced) have “Enable fill handle” checked. You might also run into drag-to-fill issues if you are filtering. Try removing all filters and dragging again.

I hope the two issues you are facing will solve with the above solutions.

Thanks,

SuyashThomson