SOLVED

Excel help with a stubborn formula

Copper Contributor

So i have this excel spreadsheet that tallies all of the info collected into certain tabs and columns. The issue i have is that the formula work for one set of data but when i change the variables for the next set it gives me a FALSE  response. Any help would be appreciated. Below is the formula its self and the 2 variables. Im trying to get it to where only the two variables have to change on each tab and not the formula. 

=IF(AND(Responses!A:A>=$K$22,Responses!A:A<=$L$22),SUMIF(Responses!C:C,A2,Responses!D:D))

K22= 6/1/2018

L22= 6/30/2018

4 Replies

Hey Brian-

Hope you're having a good Friday.  It look like you're missing the false portion of the if formula so when the true evaluation doesn't happen it will just return FALSE:

=IF(AND(Responses!A:A>=$K$22,Responses!A:A<=$L$22)

,SUMIF(Responses!C:C,A2,Responses!D:D), YOUR FALSE ARGUMENT GOES HERE)

best response confirmed by Brian Ellerbee (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Is that array formula?

Anyway, why don't you use SUMIFS like

=SUMIFS(Responses!D:D,Responses!C:C,A2,Responses!A:A,">="&$K$22,Responses!A:A,"<="&$L$22)

that worked fantastically!!! Thanks so much I have been racking my brain for this for a week and that didn't even cross my mind. Thanks again!

Brian, you are welcome

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Brian Ellerbee (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Is that array formula?

Anyway, why don't you use SUMIFS like

=SUMIFS(Responses!D:D,Responses!C:C,A2,Responses!A:A,">="&$K$22,Responses!A:A,"<="&$L$22)

View solution in original post