Excel - formual

Copper Contributor
Hi guys

I want to if it's possible for excel to automatically update data.

For example: I have a table of dates, 1st till end of month. I want it to keep on showing the current dates data. Like today's the 20th march then it needs to pull that data... When it's tomorrow it pulls that data.

Thanks
Riaan
7 Replies

@Riaan1055 Your question is pretty generic, but one thing to look in to is the TODAY() function, which automatically computes the present date.  This could be used in a filter column e.g. =datecell=TODAY() to zero in on today's data.

And more detail than that, I'd really need to see a screenshot or a file.

Hi Savia

I'll post the screenshots during the day. Thanks a lot
Hi Savia, here is an example of the sheet. As you may see in the bottom row 48, column M. I need that percentage to uodate automatically in row 61, column W.
So let's say today is the 24th, I need it to update to the current date, but when it is tomorrow, i need it to put in that data.

Thanks

@Riaan1055 This image doesn't include the row/column headers so I can't really follow.  Could you attach a version of the file with dummy data or otherwise explain what the formulas here are doing?

It's a attendance register. With a full month dates. Each date has its own column. Each cell in the column has a drop-down with the following: Present, AOWP, Annual leave, Normal leave, Sick leave etc.
As you will see on the image I sent you there is only Total AWOP showing... The other totals are minimized.
I just net the data that has been processed to show below the legend of AWOP.
Example: on 24 March 2020 there were 25 AWOPS. I already did the calculations to give me a % answer. Now all i need is that tge percentage I calculated beeds to show in the legend below AWOP and of its possible to update according to the the date.
I'll send the sheet now.
Please find attached excel sheet

@Riaan1055 I think I follow you.  I made a tab with an example formula that looks up today's AWOP percentage.