Excel files with macros/VB failing

Copper Contributor

In my organisation we use two files which contain macros. Both were written 5 or 10 years ago and have always worked with no issues but recently they work for a period of time and then we get error messages which stop the documents from opening correctly. We can open previous versions of these files without issue but after a period of time they will stop working again.

I'm wondering if there is code in there that is not compatible with the latest version of office (using 2312 Build 17126.20132) but i'm not sure how to do find this out.

I'm not sure how to extract the code but perhaps it may be possible for someone to open these two files and look at the code and see if there is an obvious issue? 

8 Replies
Kindly share the link to view the Macros.

@JoshM22 

If you see an area "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" below the box where you compose a reply, you can attach the workbooks directly.

Otherwise, you might upload them to a cloud store such as Google Drive, OneDrive or Dropbox, obtain links to the uploaded files and paste the links into a reply.

I will send the file in a direct message, i hope that's ok.
Sure
i also sent you a private message.

@JoshM22 

Alas, the link in your PM doesn't work ("The transfer you requested has been deleted.")

Sorry about that - not sure why. I attached them to a PM instead.

@JoshM22 

ExcelFile1.xlsm has a macro named auto_open. This macro will automatically be executed when the workbook is opened.

The auto_open macro refers to a sheet named "form" several times. However, the workbook does not contain such a sheet.

The other workbook does contain a sheet named "form". As far as I can tell, that workbook functions correctly - I was able to display various forms from the startup form. I haven't tested the functionality of those forms though.